Last update:
Before claiming that he stopped the nuclear war, Trump admitted himself that India handles Pakistan without any help
Trump India-Pakistan claim: Trump claims that he spoke to PM Modi during the Indo-Pakistan war despite New Delhi’s Fact-Check (Reuters Image)
Before Donald Trump claimed that he had personally ended the war between India and Pakistan, he had already accepted that India does not take instructions, not even from Washington.
In a throbac video from October 2024, Tusrap Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi described as a strong and unrelated leader. But speaking open Podcast hosted by Andrew Shulz and Akash Singh, Trump said that Modi was both “best people” and “total killers”, when it came to handle national threats. “Before he was appointed as Prime Minister, India was very unstable,” Trump said, “India was very unstable, saying that Modi changed India’s stability and power projection.
He even recalled a time when Modi firmly said a threat, stated firmly and said that India had “defeated him for hundreds of years”. Although Trump did not name the opponent, the reference was widely interpreted as Pakistan.
“Modi is a good person and is a great friend. Once, when someone was threatening India, I said,” Let me help, “that (PM Modi) was so,” I will, I will do it, we have defeated him for hundreds of years. ” pic.twitter.com/ns0byex63b
– Mr. Sinha (@mrsinha_) October 9, 2024
In 2024, Trump compulsorily admitted that the firm of India was a one -sided approach to handle Pakistan, headed under the leadership of a Prime Minister, which did not require any nudity from foreign powers. It claims his 2025, that he pressurized PM Modi to accept a ceasefire, deep contradictory.
What are Trump now claiming about the India-Pakistan struggle?
At a cabinet meeting at the White House on Tuesday, a few hours before the new 50 percent tariff to implement the new 50 percent tariff on Indian imports, US President Donald Trump claimed that he had personally intervened to prevent a possible nuclear confrontation between India and Pakistan during the May 2025 military growth, after which Pahalgam Terrar was launched for Terrar attack and India.
“I said, I don’t want to deal with you a business deal … You guys are going to end in a nuclear war,” Trump said. “I told him: We are not going to make any deal, or we are going to put a tariff on you, which are too much, your head is going to spin … within five hours, it was done.”
Trump claimed that he had spoken to Modi for the first timeThen for Pakistan, and a ceasefire used trade hazards for a broker.
Their comments were a day later White House credited its foreign policy Along with helping securing the Trus, Press Secretary Karolin Levitt gave the episode an example of Trump’s conflict management strategy.
He also updated a claim earlier, now insisting that seven jets were shot during the battle, which was compared to the five already mentioned. He said, “I saw that they were fighting, then I saw that seven jets were shot. It is not good. It is a lot of jets – USD 150 million aircraft – and did not even report the actual number,” he said.
He said on Monday during a bilateral with the President of South Korea, “I have stopped all these wars. There must have been a big India and Pakistan.”
He said, “The war with India and Pakistan was the next level that was going to be a nuclear war … They had already shot 7 jets – which was fierce. I said, ‘You want to do business? We are not doing any business with you or are doing anything. If you keep fighting, you have got 24 hours to deal with it.” I used it on several occasions. I used business and whatever I had to use,
What exactly happened during Operation Sindoor?
The Pahalgam terror attack took place on 22 April after an increase in May 2025, with 26 citizens killed by Pakistan-backed militants in Jammu and Kashmir.
A proxy group of Lashkar-e-Tayiba, Resistance Morcha (TRF) claimed responsibility for the massacre. On 17 June, the United States nominated TRF as a foreign terrorist organization (FTO) and a specially nominated global terrorist (SDGT). US State Secretary Marco Rubio said, “The organization claimed responsibility for the Pahalgam terror attack in Jammu and Kashmir on 22 April, claiming the lives of 26 citizens.” The Foreign Minister’s Jaishankar welcomed the move, called it “a strong confirmation of Indo-US-American anti-terrorism cooperation”.
India launched Operation Sindoor on 7 May and replied, targeted terrorist camps in Pakistan and Pakistan -occupied Kashmir. In four days, Pakistan retaliated with drones and missiles, several of which were stopped. On 10 May, Pakistan launched ballistic missiles at Indian goals, making a counterpart on the Pakistani airbase.
It was only after this military tight-for-tat that Pakistan’s Director General of Military Operations (DGMO) approached its Indian counterpart, and reached an understanding to stop military action.
India has constantly stated that this decision was bilateral, and no foreign leader played any role.
What did India say about Trump’s claim of mediation?
India’s response was categorized. Foreign Minister Dr. S Jaishankar said in Parliament that there was no Trump-Modi phone call during the period under consideration, and there was no connection between business talks and military operations.
Jaishankar told the Lok Sabha during the Operation Sindoor debate, “There was nothing between Prime Minister and President Trump from 22 April, when President Trump called to express sympathy, and on 17 June, when he again called to convince why he could not meet,” Jaishankar told the Lok Sabha during the Operation Sindoor debate.
He reiterated in the Rajya Sabha: “From 22 April to 16 June, there was not a single phone call between President Trump and Prime Minister Modi.”
Prime Minister Modi also said in Parliament that “no world leader asked India to stop Operation Sindoor”, direct refutation of Trump’s mediation story, without name.
Has Trump made such claims before?
Yes. In fact, Trump has repeatedly claimed credit for peace between India and Pakistan from May 10, when he announced on social media that “full and immediate ceasefire” was achieved after Washington’s intervention.
In July, Trump claimed that India and Pakistan were on the verge of nuclear conflict after the Pahalgam attack, and said he had “stepped at an important time”.
Their latest version connects new layers, such as high tariffs, no business deal, nuclear war warning, and “seven jets shot down” claims, but any of these claims have been confirmed by any country.
He has also killed historical reference many times. In April this year, he said that India and Pakistan were fighting “1,500 years”, and recently described enmity “for hundreds of years… with different names. “Pakistan, however, was built after partition in 1947.
So, what does it all add?
India’s position in Pakistan has been consistent and classified: all matters, from ceasefire to diplomacy, are strictly bilateral. This theory is inherent in the Shimla Agreement (1972) and the Lahore Declaration (1999), leaving no place for third party mediation.
The irony is that Trump’s own words from 2024 actually validate this approach.
In that podcast, he described India as “very unstable” before Modi, meaning its current stability and decisive homegron. He talked about India’s terrible, independent response to dangers. And when he has praised Modi personally, the description he really described was a country that handles his own quarrel.
So when Trump now claims that he forced India into a ceasefire during Operation Sindoor, he is not only being made facts by New Delhi.
He is being opposed by India’s own understanding.
Karishma Jain, the Chief Deputy Editor at News18.com, write and edit opinions on various topics including Indian politics and policy, culture and art, technology and social change. Follow it @kar …Read more
Karishma Jain, the Chief Deputy Editor at News18.com, write and edit opinions on various topics including Indian politics and policy, culture and art, technology and social change. Follow it @kar … Read more
Read more