‘Shocked, deeply concerned’: Politicians express condolences, demand investigation after deadly Delhi blast New-delhi-news News

0
13
‘Shocked, deeply concerned’: Politicians express condolences, demand investigation after deadly Delhi blast New-delhi-news News


Last updated:

Political leaders expressed grief and called for a thorough investigation after a high-intensity blast killed nine people so far in the national capital.

A deadly explosion occurred near Delhi’s Red Fort metro station on Monday. (Image/PTI)

Leaders of various political parties expressed shock and grief one after another Deadly explosion at Red Fort metro station Panic and chaos spread in the national capital on Monday evening. According to sources, so far eight people have died in the blast, while 20 others have been injured. Follow live updates here

Expressing grief over the incident, President Draupadi Murmu said, “I express my heartfelt condolences to the families and friends of those who lost their lives in the Delhi blast. I pray for the speedy recovery of the injured.”

Vice President CP Radhakrishnan said, “Deeply saddened by the blast in Delhi this evening. Heartfelt condolences to the families who have lost their loved ones, and prayers for the speedy recovery of the injured.”

Union Minister Amit Shah, who is overseeing security preparations after the blast, said, “The loss of lives in the Delhi blast cannot be expressed in words. My deepest condolences to those who have lost their loved ones. Visited the blast site and also met the injured in the hospital. My prayers for their speedy recovery.”

Delhi Minister Praveen Khandelwal said he was “deeply saddened” by the car explosion and thanked the Delhi Fire Department, police and emergency services for their quick response and efforts to control the situation. He said, “As the elected representative of Chandni Chowk, I stand in solidarity with the people in these difficult times and assure all possible support and cooperation to the administration.”

BJP national president JP Nadda said, “Saddened by the loss of lives in the tragic car blast in New Delhi. My heartfelt condolences to the families who have lost their loved ones. Pray for the speedy recovery of the injured. Authorities are ensuring that all necessary medical assistance reaches the injured.”

BJP leader and Rajasthan minister Colonel Rajyavardhan Rathore said, “Shocked and deeply saddened by the news of the blast in Delhi. My heartfelt condolences to the families who have lost their loved ones. In this difficult time, prayers for strength and peace for all affected. Wishing speedy and full recovery to the injured.”

Opposition leaders demanded a thorough investigation

Congress leader Rahul Gandhi wrote on Twitter, “The news of the car explosion near Delhi’s Red Fort metro station is extremely heart-wrenching and worrying. The news of the death of many innocent people in this tragic incident is extremely sad.”

He said, “In this hour of grief, I stand with the bereaved families who have lost their loved ones and express my deepest condolences to them. I hope for the speedy recovery of all the injured.”

Aam Aadmi Party leader Atishi demanded a thorough investigation into the incident and expressed condolences to the victims. “The news of the explosion near the Red Fort is extremely worrying. I pray to God that there is no loss and that everyone is safe,” she said on Twitter.

Former Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal said, “The news of the explosion near the Red Fort is very worrying. There is news that some people have lost their lives in it, which is very sad. The police and the government should immediately investigate how this explosion happened and whether there is any big conspiracy behind it. Negligence regarding the security of Delhi will not be tolerated.”

West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee also expressed grief over the incident, saying, “I express my condolences to the families who have lost their loved ones and I pray for strength and speedy recovery for all those injured.”

Tamil Nadu Chief Minister MK Stalin said, “Shocked and deeply saddened by the explosion near the Red Fort in Delhi, in which many innocent people lost their lives. The visuals from the scene are truly heart-wrenching. My heartfelt condolences to the bereaved families and my thoughts with those suffering from injuries. Wishing them strength and speedy recovery.”

Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah “expressed deep sorrow over the explosion near the Red Fort in Delhi, which claimed lives and left many injured. He expressed his heartfelt condolences to the bereaved families and prayed for the speedy recovery of the injured.”

Congress leader Priyanka Gandhi Vadra said, “The news of the death of many people and injuries to many others in the blast in Delhi is extremely heart-wrenching.” “May God grant peace to the departed souls. My deepest condolences to the bereaved families. I pray for the speedy recovery of the injured.”

Shiv Sena MP Milind Deora said, “Very concerned to hear about the car blast near the Red Fort in Delhi. Pray for peace and safety for everyone in the area.”

Congress leader Pawan Kheda wrote, “The news of a car explosion near the Red Fort metro station is extremely disturbing. Initial reports indicate that several lives have been lost. In this hour of grief, we stand with the bereaved families and pray for the speedy recovery of the injured. The government should ensure a thorough and prompt investigation into the incident.”

fear of terrorist attack

A car exploded near Gate No. 1 of the Red Fort Metro station, with officials now suspecting it was a terrorist-related incident. A call about the blast came at around 6:55 pm, following which seven fire tenders were sent to the spot. Firefighters brought the fire under control within a short time.

Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Narayan (LNJP) Hospital said 24 people were brought in critical condition, of whom eight were declared brought dead. The remaining 16 people are undergoing treatment. The exact cause of the blast, which caused panic in the area, is yet to be determined.

The incident occurred just hours after police busted an interstate terror module allegedly linked to banned organizations and seized over 2,900 kg of suspected ammonium nitrate. This includes 360 kg of explosive material recovered earlier and an additional 2,500 kg of explosive material.

According to government sources, Prime Minister Narendra Modi took stock of the situation and spoke to Home Minister Amit Shah. Security officials are assessing the impact of the attack and investigating terrorist links.

Avik Banerjee

Avik Banerjee is Senior Deputy Editor at News18. With a master’s degree in Global Studies, Noida-based Aveek has over three years of experience in digital media and news curation, specializing in international…read more

Avik Banerjee is Senior Deputy Editor at News18. With a master’s degree in Global Studies, Noida-based Aveek has over three years of experience in digital media and news curation, specializing in international… read more

news new-delhi-news ‘Shocked, deeply concerned’: Politicians express condolences, demand investigation after deadly Delhi blast
Disclaimer: Comments represent the views of users, not of News18. Please keep discussions respectful and constructive. Abusive, defamatory, or illegal comments will be removed. News18 may disable any comments at its discretion. By posting you agree with us terms of use And Privacy Policy,

read more




LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here