Tvisha Sharma case LIVE: Absconding husband Samarth Singh in custody; AIIMS Delhi team is ready for second autopsy

0
1
Tvisha Sharma case LIVE: Absconding husband Samarth Singh in custody; AIIMS Delhi team is ready for second autopsy


Twisha Sharma case live updates: Husband Samarth Singh arrested after surrender bid fails; Madhya Pradesh HC orders fresh autopsy

Twisha Sharma Case Live Updates: Bhopal Police on Friday took into custody Samarth Singh, the absconding husband of former model-actor Tvisha Sharma, who was accused of dowry harassment by her family after her death earlier this month. The development came after the Madhya Pradesh High Court ordered re-autopsy by an expert team from AIIMS Delhi and the state government handed over the investigation to the CBI.

The 32-year-old actor was found dead at his residence in Bhopal’s Katara Hills area on May 12. Her family has alleged that she was subjected to harassment and abuse over dowry demands.

Singh, a lawyer by profession, had earlier withdrawn his anticipatory bail plea from the High Court. Later in the evening, he appeared before a district court in Jabalpur in an attempt to surrender. However, according to his lawyers, the court did not allow the surrender, following which a Bhopal Police team took him into custody and left for Bhopal.

During the hearing, High Court Justice AK Singh said that the police have the right to interrogate the accused for 24 hours before producing him before a competent court for judicial or police custody.

The Bar Council of India has also suspended Singh’s license to practice with immediate effect.

High Court ordered post mortem again

The Madhya Pradesh High Court on Friday directed that the second post-mortem be conducted at AIIMS Bhopal in the presence of specialist doctors from Delhi.

Justice Singh passed the order while hearing an urgent petition filed by Sharma’s family during the day.

Advocate Mrigendra Singh, appearing for the accused, told the court that he had no objection to re-autopsy, but said his “only concern” was that “the doctors at AIIMS, Bhopal, who are very good, will bring a bad name”.

The court made it clear that ordering a second post-mortem should not be seen as raising questions on the earlier investigation.

“It is also considered that, by directing the second post-mortem, neither this court nor the petitioner has directly or indirectly implied any ulterior motive or cast any doubt on the earlier post-mortem report or anyone but the deceased died within six months of the marriage, therefore, the second post-mortem should be conducted to remove all doubts from any party,” the judge said.

The court also requested the director of AIIMS New Delhi to constitute a team of experts who can go to Bhopal as soon as possible by a special flight arranged by the state government to conduct the examination.

The family wants a fresh investigation

Advocate Anurag Srivastava, appearing for Sharma’s family, said the petition was filed in the morning and the court acted swiftly.

“We filed an urgent writ petition at 10:30 am and the court directed AIIMS Bhopal to conduct the second post-mortem as soon as possible. Expert doctors will come from Delhi to conduct the investigation,” he said.

Srivastava said the family had also challenged the interim bail granted to Singh’s mother, Giribala Singh, a retired judge and consumer forum president. “The court issued notice and the case will be heard on Monday,” he said.

Madhya Pradesh government handed over the investigation to CBI

Earlier in the day, the Madhya Pradesh government had recommended a CBI investigation into the case. The state home department issued a notification transferring the investigation to the Central Bureau of Investigation under the Delhi Special Police Establishment Act, 1946.

The case registered at Katara Hills police station includes charges under the Indian Judicial Code, 2023 and Dowry Prohibition Act, 1961.

The decision came two days after Sharma’s family met Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Mohan Yadav.

Welcoming both the second autopsy order and the CBI investigation, Sharma’s father said the family wanted complete transparency in the investigation.

She said, “We want videography of the postmortem and a clear report so that my daughter can get justice. Her husband was the legal advisor to the Madhya Pradesh government and under such circumstances, how can one expect a fair investigation? He and his mother are using their influence to hush up the case.”

…read more

The 32-year-old actor was found dead at his residence in Bhopal’s Katara Hills area on May 12. Her family has alleged that she was subjected to harassment and abuse over dowry demands.

Singh, a lawyer by profession, had earlier withdrawn his anticipatory bail plea from the High Court. Later in the evening, he appeared before a district court in Jabalpur in an attempt to surrender. However, according to his lawyers, the court did not allow the surrender, following which a Bhopal Police team took him into custody and left for Bhopal.

During the hearing, High Court Justice AK Singh said that the police have the right to interrogate the accused for 24 hours before producing him before a competent court for judicial or police custody.

The Bar Council of India has also suspended Singh’s license to practice with immediate effect.

High Court ordered post mortem again

The Madhya Pradesh High Court on Friday directed that the second post-mortem be conducted at AIIMS Bhopal in the presence of specialist doctors from Delhi.

Justice Singh passed the order while hearing an urgent petition filed by Sharma’s family during the day.

Advocate Mrigendra Singh, appearing for the accused, told the court that he had no objection to re-autopsy, but said his “only concern” was that “the doctors at AIIMS, Bhopal, who are very good, will bring a bad name”.

The court made it clear that ordering a second post-mortem should not be seen as raising questions on the earlier investigation.

“It is also considered that, by directing the second post-mortem, neither this court nor the petitioner has directly or indirectly implied any ulterior motive or cast any doubt on the earlier post-mortem report or anyone but the deceased died within six months of the marriage, therefore, the second post-mortem should be conducted to remove all doubts from any party,” the judge said.

The court also requested the director of AIIMS New Delhi to constitute a team of experts who can go to Bhopal as soon as possible by a special flight arranged by the state government to conduct the examination.

The family wants a fresh investigation

Advocate Anurag Srivastava, appearing for Sharma’s family, said the petition was filed in the morning and the court acted swiftly.

“We filed an urgent writ petition at 10:30 am and the court directed AIIMS Bhopal to conduct the second post-mortem as soon as possible. Expert doctors will come from Delhi to conduct the investigation,” he said.

Srivastava said the family had also challenged the interim bail granted to Singh’s mother, Giribala Singh, a retired judge and consumer forum president. “The court issued notice and the case will be heard on Monday,” he said.

Madhya Pradesh government handed over the investigation to CBI

Earlier in the day, the Madhya Pradesh government had recommended a CBI investigation into the case. The state home department issued a notification transferring the investigation to the Central Bureau of Investigation under the Delhi Special Police Establishment Act, 1946.

The case registered at Katara Hills police station includes charges under the Indian Judicial Code, 2023 and Dowry Prohibition Act, 1961.

The decision came two days after Sharma’s family met Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Mohan Yadav.

Welcoming both the second autopsy order and the CBI investigation, Sharma’s father said the family wanted complete transparency in the investigation.

She said, “We want videography of the postmortem and a clear report so that my daughter can get justice. Her husband was the legal advisor to the Madhya Pradesh government and under such circumstances, how can one expect a fair investigation? He and his mother are using their influence to hush up the case.”

Follow all updates here:

May 23, 2026 8:24:43 am First

Tvisha Sharma case live updates: Bar Council suspends Samarth Singh’s license

Twisha Sharma Case Live Updates: The Bar Council of India has suspended the license of Samarth Singh with immediate effect in the case of former model-actor Twisha Sharma’s death.

The move bars Singh, a lawyer by profession, from practicing law pending further proceedings in the case.

May 23, 2026 8:22:58 am First

Twisha Sharma case live updates: What did MP High Court say while ordering second autopsy?

Twisha Sharma case live updates: Madhya Pradesh High Court on Friday ordered a second post-mortem to “remove all doubts” surrounding the death of former model-actor Twisha Sharma, which occurred within six months of her marriage.

Justice AK Singh said the direction should not be seen as casting doubt on the earlier autopsy report or the doctors who conducted it.

“It is also considered that, by directing the second post-mortem, neither this court nor the petitioner has directly or indirectly implied any ulterior motive or cast any doubt on the earlier post-mortem report or anyone but the deceased died within six months of the marriage, therefore, the second post-mortem should be conducted to remove all doubts from any party,” the judge said.

The court directed that the fresh autopsy be conducted at AIIMS Bhopal in the presence of expert doctors from Delhi.

The court also requested the director of AIIMS New Delhi to constitute a team of experts who can go to Bhopal as soon as possible by a special flight arranged by the state government to conduct the examination.

May 23, 2026 8:15:22 am First

Tvisha Sharma case live updates: Samarth Singh brought to Bhopal police station late night. Video

Tvisha Sharma case live updates: Video shared by news agency PTI shows police bringing former model-actor Tvisha Sharma’s husband Samarth Singh from Jabalpur to Bhopal’s Katara Hills police station in a dowry death case late on Friday night.

May 23, 2026 7:58:34 am First

Tvisha Sharma case live updates: Samarth Singh brought to Katara Hills police station

Tvisha Sharma case live updates: Husband Samarth Singh was brought to Bhopal’s Katara Hills police station late on Friday night in the dowry murder case of former model-actor Tvisha Sharma.

SIT chief Rajneesh Kashyap said more than 10 police teams were working on the case for the past several days and have been rewarded. A reward of Rs 30,000 was announced to trace the accused.

“Further legal procedures will be adopted and the accused will be produced before the court. The matter is of serious and sensitive nature,” Kashyap told news agency PTI. He said that a lookout notice has also been issued to prevent Singh from escaping.


LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here