US-Iran war news live: Shooting outside the White House while Trump was discussing Iran inside; President said, ‘deal with it soon’

0
1
US-Iran war news live: Shooting outside the White House while Trump was discussing Iran inside; President said, ‘deal with it soon’


Updated: May 24, 2026 7:23:34 am IST

US President Donald Trump announced that the US-Iran deal was “extensively negotiated” amid a shaky ceasefire.

US-Iran war news live: Raising hopes of a solution soon, US President Donald Trump said on Sunday that there has been “substantial negotiations” on a deal between the US and Iran, which is expected to be announced soon. His comments come amid efforts by Pakistan to hold a crucial dialogue that could potentially calm markets and pave the way for the opening of the Strait of Hormuz.

“An agreement has been substantially negotiated, pending finalization between the United States, the Islamic Republic of Iran, and various other countries,” Trump wrote in a social media post.

Meanwhile, Donald Trump was fired upon near the White House as he worked to negotiate a deal with Iran, news agency AFP reported. The firing comes at a crucial time, when all eyes are on the future of the ongoing US-Iran conflict.

Trump met with advisers at the White House after speaking to the leaders of several regional powers, including Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Pakistan and Turkey, as well as Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu about what he called a “peace-related memorandum of understanding,” Bloomberg reported.

Here are some key updates on the US-Iran conflict:

Ceasefire extension possible up to 60 days: The Financial Times said in a report that mediators believe they are reaching an agreement to extend the US-Iran ceasefire for 60 days, which would include the gradual opening of the Strait of Hormuz. However, it still remains to be seen how both sides will proceed on Iran’s nuclear ambitions and its call for sanctions relief.

Rubio’s remarks in India: During his official visit to India, US Secretary of State Marco Rubio also hinted that a proposal may be forthcoming. “There has been some progress,” Rubio told reporters Saturday, “and it’s possible an announcement will be made in the coming days,” adding that the US remains opposed to Iran’s nuclear program. “The President’s preference is always to resolve such problems through diplomatic solutions through dialogue,” he reportedly said.

Iran’s main demands: According to the Tasnim news agency, Bloomberg said Iran wants the US to release a “significant part” of its assets blocked abroad as a first step, with a “transparent” process to free the rest.

Trump raised hopes for peace: In his latest remarks, Trump indicated that the US and Iran are getting closer to a solution. In a social media post, he said the deal had been “extensively negotiated” and was yet to be finalized by all parties. The President reportedly said it was “solid 50/50” whether they would resume fighting or reach an agreement, but later told CBS that both sides were getting “very close” to an agreement.

Suspect shot after WH shooting: The US Secret Service reportedly shot dead a man who opened fire near the White House on Sunday while the President was inside during talks on a potential Iran deal. The man was walking on the road for some time when he approached a police post, took out a pistol from his bag and started firing indiscriminately.

…read more

“An agreement has been substantially negotiated, pending finalization between the United States, the Islamic Republic of Iran, and various other countries,” Trump wrote in a social media post.

Meanwhile, Donald Trump was fired upon near the White House as he worked to negotiate a deal with Iran, news agency AFP reported. The firing comes at a crucial time, when all eyes are on the future of the ongoing US-Iran conflict.

Trump met with advisers at the White House after speaking to the leaders of several regional powers, including Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Pakistan and Turkey, as well as Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu about what he called a “peace-related memorandum of understanding,” Bloomberg reported.

Here are some key updates on the US-Iran conflict:

Ceasefire extension possible up to 60 days: The Financial Times said in a report that mediators believe they are reaching an agreement to extend the US-Iran ceasefire for 60 days, which would include the gradual opening of the Strait of Hormuz. However, it still remains to be seen how both sides will proceed on Iran’s nuclear ambitions and its call for sanctions relief.

Rubio’s remarks in India: During his official visit to India, US Secretary of State Marco Rubio also hinted that a proposal may be forthcoming. “There has been some progress,” Rubio told reporters Saturday, “and it’s possible an announcement will be made in the coming days,” adding that the US remains opposed to Iran’s nuclear program. “The President’s preference is always to resolve such problems through diplomatic solutions through dialogue,” he reportedly said.

Iran’s main demands: According to the Tasnim news agency, Bloomberg said Iran wants the US to release a “significant part” of its assets blocked abroad as a first step, with a “transparent” process to free the rest.

Trump raised hopes for peace: In his latest remarks, Trump indicated that the US and Iran are getting closer to a solution. In a social media post, he said the deal had been “extensively negotiated” and was yet to be finalized by all parties. The President reportedly said it was “solid 50/50” whether they would resume fighting or reach an agreement, but later told CBS that both sides were getting “very close” to an agreement.

Suspect shot after WH shooting: The US Secret Service reportedly shot dead a man who opened fire near the White House on Sunday while the President was inside during talks on a potential Iran deal. The man was walking on the road for some time when he approached a police post, took out a pistol from his bag and started firing indiscriminately.

Follow all updates here:

May 24, 2026 7:23:34 am First

US-Iran war news live: Report says Tehran ready to give up enriched uranium in deal with Trump

US-Iran war news live: Trump is expected to announce soon that Iran has agreed to give up its enriched uranium as part of the deal, a New York Times report on Sunday said. The report came hours after Donald Trump said a deal had been “extensively negotiated” as he said he had spoken to stakeholders in Pakistan and Middle Eastern countries such as Bahrain, Jordan, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.

It is noteworthy that in Trump’s post on this matter, there was no mention of Iran’s nuclear program and highly enriched uranium.

May 24, 2026 7:18:09 am First

US-Iran war news live: Pak congratulates Trump’s ‘peace’ efforts after talks with Gulf leaders

US-Iran war news LIVE: Pak Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif congratulated US President Donald Trump for his efforts to “make peace” as the latter held talks with the leaders of Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Turkey, Egypt, UAE, Jordan and Pakistan.

A part of Sharif’s post on

May 24, 2026 7:15:09 am First

US-Iran war news live: 60-day extension for US-Iran ceasefire? what the report says

US-Iran war news live: Amid the lack of clarity on the terms of a possible agreement between the two sides, a Financial Times report cited mediators and said that the existing ceasefire between the US and Iran could be extended by 60 days. The report also said that the agreement will provide a framework for discussions on Iran’s nuclear program.

May 24, 2026 7:10:38 am First

US-Iran war news live: Before the shooting, Trump said, ‘I am in the Oval Office of the White House.’

US-Iran war news live: Hours before shots were reported near the White House, Donald Trump said he was discussing a potential Iran deal with the leaders of Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Jordan and Bahrain inside the Oval Office. He also said he spoke separately to Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu and said it “went very well”.

“The final aspects and details of the deal are currently under discussion and will be announced soon. In addition to many other elements of the agreement, the Strait of Hormuz will be opened,” he wrote.

May 24, 2026 7:05:29 am First

US-Iran war news live: Trump was discussing Iran deal inside the White House when shots were fired

US-Iran war news live: US President Donald Trump was reportedly inside the White House when shots were fired near it on Sunday. According to AFP report, the shooting took place while Trump was negotiating the deal with Iran. Separately, Bloomberg also said Trump met with his advisers at the White House after speaking with leaders of several regional powers on peace talks.

May 24, 2026 6:59:36 am First

US-Iran war news live: Trump hints Tehran deal “largely” completed, announcement expected soon

US-Iran war news LIVE: US President Donald Trump on Sunday said a potential deal between the US and Iran has been “substantially negotiated” and could pave the way for the reopening of the Strait of Hormuz.

“An agreement has been substantially negotiated and is subject to finalization between the United States, the Islamic Republic of Iran, and various other countries,” Trump wrote in a Truth Social post.


LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here